Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Entrepreneur of the WeeK: Brag About It – Hand Stamped and Custom Jewelry



  1. Full name: Melissa Hull
    Company name: Brag About It – Hand Stamped and Custom Jewelry

  2. Web site address: http://www.bragaboutit.etsy.com/

  3. Why did you start your company?
    After our second son was born in 2005, I began creating jewelry as a way to have "GIRLIE TIME" in a house full of wonderful and energized boys. At the same time I had been selling real estate in Oakville (for over 10 years). I began finding it harder to be 100% Mom and 100% Realtor. The evening appointments (missed bed and bath times), weekend open houses (missed family time) and the YOU NEVER KNOW schedule.

    In early 2010, I decided to park my real estate license (a very emotional decision), and focus my time and energy into Brag About It and my family.

    Today I am and here with my little shop and LOVING IT!

  4. What does your company do?

    Brag About It is where ONE A KIND hand stamped custom jewelry is created. Each piece is designed and crafted by me, with my own two hands. Each piece is individually stamped by me, each letter at a time. Each piece is looked at as a wearable WORK of ART.

    Love, time and attention to detail goes into each piece.

    Each piece is handcrafted with LOVE JUST for YOU by me.

    Brag About It offers a wide range of hand stamped keepsake jewelry ...

    • Initial Necklaces and Name Necklaces with Birthstones
    • Multi Shaped Family Necklaces
    • Layered and Cupped Necklaces
    • Original Family Locket, My Family Tree and Brag Book
    • Brag Bracelets and Brag Bands (rings)
    • Bridal/Bridal Party Jewelry and Gifts
    • Custom Designs/Orders and More


  5. What’s the best thing about being your own boss?

    The best thing about being my own boss is being able to set my own schedule, create what I want, when I want, control over the big picture, seeing things through from start to finish, communicating with clients and being able to a MOM at the same time.

  6. What advice can you give to entrepreneurs that are starting out?

    For entrepreneurs starting out ... Customer service should be NUMBER 1 on your list !
    NEVER GIVE UP. If it does not work, try something new. Think outside the box. Be different and set yourself apart from the rest. There are never any failures in life ... Just experiences, whether good or bad. Be yourself and true to it. LOVE what you do and do it for you!

  7. How do you manage family life and work?

    Managing family and work was always hard when selling real estate, until creating Brag About It. It just works this way for my family and we are really enjoying it.

    I work when the boys are at school. I am home when the boys come home. I try to not work when the family is around (very hard) but I am working on this and trying to follow through (this is an old habit I need to break).

    I also have a FABULOUS support system, my entire family.

    And my clients, where would Brag About It and I be without them? They truly understand me and they are here for me. They help to remind me, it is okay to be a Mom and a business owner ~ THANK YOU for that, from the bottom of my ♥!

  8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

    10 years from now ... I do not know where I will be. I have lots of goals and dreams for my family and Brag About It. As we say in our house ... Life is so precious, let’s take it one day at a time and enjoy every minute of it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...