Sunday, May 15, 2011

Entrepreneur of the Week Rooms To Grow



1. Full name and company name:

Andrea Sarlo, Rooms To Grow, Founder and President

2. Web site address: http://www.roomstogrow.ca/

3. Why did you start your company?
I started Rooms to Grow because I saw a need for reasonably priced Nursery Furniture, Kid's Furniture and design that was accessible to everyone online. I spent hours going to every store in my area to plan my nursery and buying all the accessories required to make it look "put together". I wish I would have been able to find everything in one place and also for a good price! That is basically what inspired me to do this business.

4. What does your company do? We are an online retailer specializing in Nursery, Kid's Furniture and accessories. We also have full design services as well.

5. What's the best thing about being your own boss? I love being able to see my 2 boys grow up and not to have to commute downtown everyday to work for someone else. I wanted the flexibility of working whenever I felt like doing so.

6. What advice can you give to entrepreneurs that are starting out? Start with a business and marketing plan. Put aside some money ahead of time before you start the business so you can transition from a full time position to an unpaid position (which often happens for a few months or so until you get the business established!)

7. How do you manage family life and work? I work when the kids are in school and in the evenings. I do all of my work around their busy extra-curricular schedules.

8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? In 10 years time I see myself with a thriving business with year over year growth. I may have a few more employees and possibly an office outside of my home but most importantly I see myself with a happy family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...