Sunday, November 04, 2012

Entrepreneur of the Week: Chi-Chi Laser Studios

 

1. Full name and company name: Gloria Loney - Chi-Chi Laser Studios

2. Web site:
http://www.chi-chi.ca  

3. Why did you start your company?
My career really began in information technology at IBM, GE Capital and CIBC negotiating enterprise software agreements but in my 6th or 7th year with CIBC, it became clear it was really time to take stock and to follow my passion, which is helping woman to become what I've always aspired to be - confident, sexy and successful. I've always had a strong desire to be in charge - just ask my husband, and to be free to schedule my time around my priorities -  children and family - which hasn't always worked out perfectly...so I created Chi-Chi Laser Studios and I'm extremely proud to be expanding into my 2nd location, but to be honest remaining small and local and still having time to enjoy my wonderful husband and family are my real aspirations - however cliche that may sound. My philosophy has always been to make certain every client on every visit to Chi-Chi enjoys the highest caliber of personal service, and my Friends that is no cliche.

4. What does your company do?
Strong confident, sexy and successful woman is what my business is about - no not human trafficking - we help woman look and feel beautiful and confident through laser cosmetic therapies and in particular through painless laser hair removal treatments.

5. What's the best thing about being your own boss?
I just love all the stress - no honestly, its to be free to schedule my time around my priorities -  children and family.

6. What advice can you give to Entrepreneurs that are starting out?
Make sure your not just "me too" make sure you have a strong differentiator - whats unique to Chi-Chi Laser Studios in the market place beyond using state of the art "painless" procedures is our bed side manner, the expertise of our laser technicians (through our rigid hiring and training practices) and our philosophy to make certain every client on every visit to Chi-Chi enjoys the highest caliber of personal service - what we're not is some Groupon - esque mass production "animal factory farm" - we're competitively priced and far and away your best value in the market place - and that's become very evident since 90% of our growth is attributable to word of mouth referrals...and I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to thank all of my wonderful "affectedly elegant and trendy" clients for making Chi-Chi Laser Studios successful.


7. How do you manage family life and work?
I wish I could be more helpful to your readers in this regard - but everyone assigns their own certain priority or level of importance to every activity in their lives - I guess the only advice I can give is to really "know your priorities".

8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

Well lets be honest - life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans - I think that was John Lennon. My focus is here and now, as you know I'm a vegan and try to live a clean and healthy lifestyle and my dream for my family and friends and I is for abundant affluence and an optimal state of well being - and God willing in ten years I will still be around to enjoy it.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...