Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August Business Feature: Enza Day Spa featured on Oakville Moms

Enza Day Spa in Oakville
Enza Day Spa
The drab gray professional building at the end of Lyons Lane is unassuming and a bit boring. You’d never guess that the Enza Day Spa was hidden within unless you were in the know.

But I’m one of the informed, learning about this South African day spa from both a friend and my hairdresser who raved about how much they loved it. It’s been on my list of places I needed to check out for a while!
Plus, I kept seeing Enza’s name popping up in the newspaper. They always seem to be hosting, attending, or supporting something - they were nominated as community builder of the year by the Oakville Awards for Business Excellence. Most recently, they ran a successful variety show in support of Autism that raised over $3000.


Enza Day Spa in Oakville

Enza is divided into two floors, with the kid’s spa and reception located upstairs. It’s a smart move as it keeps strangers from wandering into the spa. The staff at Enza are friendly, knowledgeable, and very down to earth. There’s such a positive feel to everything they do, and I never once felt uncomfortable or pressured to buy anything. You feel as if you’re coming home to visit with old friends.

The spa is located downstairs, and is elevator assessable for those with mobility issues. When the heavy door close behind me, you can’t help but sigh in contentment – the sense of serenity is instantaneous. You feel like you’ve stepped out of Canada and into the savannah of South Africa!

I see why they don’t want any windows in here, it would spoil the illusion that I’ve magically stepped into a South African paradise. When I close my eyes during a pedicure, I can almost imagine that I don’t have to go back to work this afternoon or figure out what to make for dinner. I can sip my Rooibos tea in my fluffy robe while my feet are being massaged and listen to the soft call of birds while being pampered like the goddess I am.

There’s also a kid’s spa upstairs decorated in vibrant greens and zebra print that I know my daughter would love! Plus, the attitude towards manis and pedis for kids is strongly focused on creativity and not on prettification – a detail that I really appreciate. I suspect my daughter would choose a sassy pink zebra print nail design.

You can also check out their website – at enza.ca -which really reflects the overall atmosphere at the Enza Day Spa. I love that they have their prices listed on the web and their ‘about us’ page is an enlightening read! Enza also has a strong social media presence, with active twitter and facebook pages. My favourite part was their youtube page, as I love the blend of hilarious, informative, and touching videos that I found there.
                                 
Going to Enza isn’t just relaxing, it’s healing. I had a spring in my step after my visit and I can’t wait until I can go back.
-Penny
Enza Day Spa
Location:
627 Lyons Lane - suite 100
Oakville, Ontario
Tel. 905-844-3330
Web site: enza.ca
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...